Thinking Free

Perhaps how I percieve our universe is the most godforsaken excuse for philosophy ever to emit from the mouth of a human being. Then again, one day I may be right.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

And a welcome to you all...

Well, lets see, you're here because you either know me through real life, Nation States, or one of those other lovely little activities I choose to occasionally fall into from time to time.

So why the blog? Well, like everyone else around here I believe in the need for self expression, a certain desire to spill all my thoughts in one place where people can read at their leisure. I propose here nothing more than the most ineffectual,badly formed arguments my brain can muster, and written here for you to peruse, laugh at, and develop a life long grudge against me.

Well, to describe myself a little. I am approaching 21 years old, I am currently studying second year Economics and International Relations (well, just had my finals today) and am now, at this precise second, looking forward to travelling to America this summer and celebrating my twenty-first in style. I enjoy a lot of things, poor though I am at most of them, and I find myself ever curious about more and more things. I believe in continual self-improvement, reading every book, practising every technique, trying to become better at what I try to do.

Tis enough for now. But why did I create this blog? Well, I left off the trend in creating blogs on NS recently, but now my exams have finished I'm finding myself with more and more thoughts not concentrated on Solow Models and Realist theory and all the other bullshite that I get taught to repeat over and over in the finals, proper ideas that I wish to note down, ones not linked directly to my studies or upbringing and ones with which I do not care if others listen to. One store of all my thoughts, a scrapbook of ideas I can come back to when I know better. But mostly...

I just love the sound of my own typing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home