Thinking Free

Perhaps how I percieve our universe is the most godforsaken excuse for philosophy ever to emit from the mouth of a human being. Then again, one day I may be right.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Damn the Dr. Pepper

Well, the lack of laptop is extremely annoying, I must admit.

A couple of weeks ago I spilt a not-insignificant amount of Dr. Pepper on my 2003ish Toshiba A30, and although it still had some functionality to back-up (and it didn't catch on fire either) I obviously had it taken in for repair. I'm now stuck with the Uni's own computers and although not too bad they're not top of the line models, they lack even MS Paint and the rules about IM are very clear and very well enforced.

So that means a lot of stuff for NS has grinded to a halt. No longer am I on IRC til it returns and no new models either. Have been able to do a lot of work for my NSWiki, and have also had fun learning to sketch actual, vaguely human figures. Admittedly I'm developing a style with mangaish leanings but nonetheless it is fun and I am certain that I will be able to get some presentable efforts up soon.

Also, NS wise, I introduced a new format on my storefront for NS at http://s7.invisionfree.com/FDI, for the Tyrant class Submarine. Though the large Naval-Technology style writeups were imformative, I tend to find myself writing the same info over and over and doing a 4000+ word write-up for each model is simply not worth it anymore. The current stats can provide info for anyone who wants to know and is willing to look a little, and they can ask about specifics if they want to anyway. Given many replace a lot of the systems as well, I cant see the point of essentially repeating myself every new weapon.

Thats pretty much it for now. I've chosen my IR question, about Western Security Interventions in the Mid-East, though now I need to get the six thousand odd words of drivel in order to fill it out. Economics is fun but the groupwork is a bitch. First presentation in nine days time and counting. Should get some reading done too, really.

TTFN.

PS. Was said to hear about all the trouble with the clashes between Hogsweat's supporters and the Mod's and their own support. Its sad to see such anger over what is a bunch of pixels and code on a screen really. I still feel bad for Hogsweat, though I left my position clear in the last post. Good luck and godspeed to those who both left for good and those who decided to remain.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:21 pm, Blogger Freethinker84 said…

    Yup. That said, the other two times were the laptop's heatvents going overboard. Im too broke to afford a new one, and besides, when it's not broken, it works very well. :/

     
  • At 9:58 pm, Blogger Mike Sarzo said…

    Hey, that sucks about the laptop... and as for the drama with Hogsweat, it seems as though some of it's blown off after the initial anger.

    I look forward to doing the RP now that it's being un-retconned and I look forward to rolling out the Riptide and designing the new SSK.

    (This is Sarzonia, BTW)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home